Saturday, August 18, 2007

State Fair, yo



I have not gone to the State Fair in 20 years. Really, I was 7 and living in Fern Creek at the time. I remember going with a girl from school and Girl Scouts. I remember nothing else. I do know that I hate crowds, and that's why I've stayed away. However my inlaws wanted to go tonight, so we went.



That was dinner. Hot beef sundae. Mashed potatoes, roast beef and gravy, corn, and shredded cheddar, with a cherry tomato on top. Heaven. I will be making this at home this winter.



Information you've always wanted: The winners of the ham contest.



This is what award winning tobacco looks like.



We thought these goats were fighting, but we found out later that it was foreplay.



At 815 pounds this was the biggest pumpkin.



Tater zoo!



We spent the whole time there looking for alpaca. At the last booth, right before we left, this is what we found. The stall was empty, containing only this:



Bastids took my alpaca away...



Good night!

1 comment:

Kara Lewis said...

Aw, what a shame about the alpacas. I'm totally with you on the beef sundae, though, it looks easier than the Rover's cottage pie. (Unless, of course, you go to the Rover to get it. That's pretty easy.)