Friday, June 1, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane...

The frequency of my blog posts is sad. However, it should pick up over the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow I hop a plane for Houston, which will put me on a plane to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for two weeks of Spanish immersion. Passport - check. Clothes for really hot weather - check. Hurricane - check. Really, a hurricane is supposed to hit south of Acapulco, which, in turn, is south of Puerta Vallarta. Here are the photos, ripped straight from the internet. First, a map of Mexico:
Now, a picture of the expected path of Tropical Storm Barbara (not yet a hurricane, mind you):


Puerta Vallarta is not even on that second image. So those of you calling me at work in the morning freaking out about a hurricane that doesn't even exist and trying to get me to CANCEL MY TRIP THAT I'VE BEEN PLANNING FOR 8 MONTHS can calm yourselves.

I'll check in here periodically with updates, photos, adventure, homesickness, and whathaveyou.

1 comment:

Kara Lewis said...

How wonderful that your trip is finally here! I hope you have a fabulous time and get really "immersed"!

Be safe!