Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lost it

I had a whole post done, and then lost it. I no longer have the groove. Tom asked me some questions, and I´ll answer those again, and maybe I´ll get some motivation tomorrow to recreate it. We´re in class 4 hours a day - 8am - 10am and
10:30a - 12:30p. I finally talked to my profesora about some more advanced grammar practice, so she recommended a book. They aren´t teaching a higher level class until the next session, so, since I´ve already paid, I´m SOL. We are learning a lot of culture though, and how to pronounce those difficult indigenous words! We haven´t had anything too interesting to eat, although we did go to the marina for crabs (jaiva) and paella Tuesday night. It was pretty fantastic, and a lot of food.

The marina:


I was amazed at how fast the sun went down when we watched it last night. Here it is:


And two minutes later, it´s gone.


We´re probably not going outside of Puerta Vallarta while we´re here, but who knows. There aren´t any ruins that the public can go to nearby, so that´s out. We´re planning to go to mass at a beautiful church here in town, and probably take a cab up in the mountains at some point. Sharon really wants us to sing kareoke in Spanish, so, even though I won´t even do it in English, we´ll probably do that one night. Sharon and Shelly are going to the beach later today, but I think I´m going to stay by the pool and try to get some writing done for school, since I´m not a big fan of sand in my hair. Maybe try to do some shopping. It´s pretty safe as long as I watch out for those crazy drivers!

¡Ciao!

1 comment:

Kara Lewis said...

Oh, sorry you lost Post #1, but this post was just beautiful! I love your sunset pictures. Sounds like you're having a great time -- I'm quite envious!