Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Your questions answered!

I got a lot of messages from home today, which is awesome, but I don´t have time to respond to everything individually, so I`ll do it here. It`s an FAQ everyone!
The water in all of Puerta Vallarta is filtered, so no problems there. In our apartment it goes through 3 filters and UV, so the water is very good. The only thing we have to do is soak the vegetables in water and something that will kill amoebas. This means I likely won`t get sick while I`m here, thank goodness.
Our apartment is on a mountain, and Mom, it is as cute as the pictures from the Internet, and very secure. I`m the one who decided to get a place on the mountain instead of the beach, so it`s sort of my fault that we have to hike up there to get home. The road`s pretty steep. The only thing that will kill me here is the traffic. Pedestrians don`t have the right of way, and drivers are crazy. You think driving in the east end is bad? Try this place!
And for our Spanish lesson for the day... Tom - descalzo means barefoot. I did walk on the beach barefoot. Shelly is teaching me curse words. She actually has an instruction tape on her mp3 player. He says things like "Go f·$% yoursel" in English and Spanish, and is somehow really hilarious.
My class level is too low, but we are doing a lot of conversation, which is helping. I`m going to talk to the profesora tomorrow about getting practice for some harder grammar. They don`t have any teachers available for private instruction or tutoring apparently. There are only two teachers; he said a few left recently.
We actually cooked last night; salchichas, peppers and onions, and hominy. It was great. Tonight will probably be eggs and potatoes, and tomorrow shishcabobs, since there`s a grill on the terrace that we can use.
I will not be coming home with a Volkswagen Bug. The cab driver said they are just called "Volkswagen" and "They are very good cars." I will leave you with this (That`s our apartament building to the right):


and this:



Adios!

No comments: